CHENEY, Kan. (AP) — A Kansas woman was sentenced to five years of probation for embezzling more than $48,000 from a local newspaper where she worked.
Sixty-year-old Diane Neises, of Cheney, pleaded guilty in July to felony theft and computer crime. The crimes occurred while Neises was an officer manager from 2009 to December 2013 at the Times-Sentinel Newspapers in Cheney.
Neises paid bills, reconciled bank statements and processed payroll for the business. District Attorney Marc Bennett says in a news release that she wrote herself 168 unauthorized checks.
Neises also was ordered to pay $390 a month restitution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘Victoria’s Secret Karen’ video: Lawsuits show what viewers didn’t see
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Nebraska mother sentenced to 2 years in prison for giving abortion pills to pregnant daughter
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- Cassidy Hutchinson reappears. She has more Trump stories to tell