OLATHE, Kan. (AP) — A Kansas woman pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in the death of her fiancé’s 2-year-old daughter last year.
The Kansas City Star reports 25-year-old Lindsey Thomasson entered the plea Friday in the child abuse death of Presley Porting.
The girl died in February 2017 in Gardner. Thomasson also pleaded no contest to a charge of aggravated kidnapping.
Assistant District Attorney Jason Covington said Friday that Presley died from blunt force trauma to the head, injuries she suffered while Thomasson was babysitting her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
He said the girl had severe bruising on her face and head and one of her eyes was swollen shut when emergency responders arrived.
Thomasson had told investigators that the girl was injured when a crutch fell and struck her on the head.
Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com