OLATHE, Kan. (AP) — A Kansas woman pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in the death of her fiancé’s 2-year-old daughter last year.
The Kansas City Star reports 25-year-old Lindsey Thomasson entered the plea Friday in the child abuse death of Presley Porting.
The girl died in February 2017 in Gardner. Thomasson also pleaded no contest to a charge of aggravated kidnapping.
Assistant District Attorney Jason Covington said Friday that Presley died from blunt force trauma to the head, injuries she suffered while Thomasson was babysitting her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
He said the girl had severe bruising on her face and head and one of her eyes was swollen shut when emergency responders arrived.
Thomasson had told investigators that the girl was injured when a crutch fell and struck her on the head.
Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com