KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — Prosecutors say a Kansas City, Kansas, school resource officer is charged with fondling at least three teenagers.
Wyandotte County District Attorney Mark Dupree said Thursday that 57-year-old Michael Eugene English Sr. was charged Thursday with three counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child.
Dupree says a parent contacted police in March and three victims have come forward. The three alleged victims were between 14 and 16.
English was a security guard with the school system before joining its police department in 2015. Prosecutors say they don’t yet know how long he worked as a security guard. He has been on administrative leave since March 22.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- The coming California megastorm
Dupree said investigators are still trying to determine if the alleged crimes occurred on school property.