KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — An 86-year-old Kansas City, Kansas, man died after he was confronted by a carjacker and was dragged down the street.
Kansas City, Kansas, police said Frank Davila died during the confrontation Wednesday. The carjacker fled in Davila’s pickup truck.
The Kansas City Star reports the victim was known as Frankie D, the name of the bar and grill he owned on Kansas Avenue for more than 40 years.
His son, also called Frankie Davila, said his father had just dropped off his sister after they had breakfast when he was attacked.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com