HAMLIN, Kan. (AP) — A 40-year-old Morrill man has died in a crash about a mile east of Hamlin in northeastern Kansas.
The Wichita Eagle reports that the Friday afternoon crash killed Ernest Reynolds III.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says Reynolds was westbound on 280th Road and was speeding when he lost control.
The patrol says the car left roadway and went through a barbed wire fence and telephone pole. The car then went airborne over a creek bed and came to rest in a pasture.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
Investigators say Reynolds died at the scene.
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com