GLADSTONE, Mo. (AP) — A police officer and a suspect have both been shot near Kansas City, Missouri.
Multiple media reports say the shooting happened about 10:30 p.m. Sunday. The officer involved is with the Gladstone, Missouri, police department. Gladstone is a Kansas City suburb.
No further information has been released, but the Kansas City Fraternal Order of Police said on Twitter that the officer is expected to survive.
A message left with police was not immediately returned. A Fraternal Order of Police official declined comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The shooting came on the same day a San Antonio officer was fatally shot, and a St. Louis officer was critically wounded in what the police chief called an “ambush” attack by someone who pulled alongside the officer’s SUV.