WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A convicted sex offender has been sentenced to more than 22 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 12-year-old Kansas girl.
The Sedgwick County District Attorney’s office announced that 44-year-old Kelly Farr, of Scott County, Kansas, was sentenced Wednesday for attempted rape.
The victim reported that Farr began assaulting her when she was in 6th grade and the abuse continued for two years.
Farr was also convicted in 2004 of indecent liberties with a child under the age of 14.
Most Read Stories
- Snohomish County man has the United States’ first known case of Wuhan coronavirus
- 5 of the Seattle area's most changed neighborhoods: We crunched the data on population, income, jobs
- 'We were before our time': Remembering the fight to change King County's namesake from a slave owner to a civil-rights leader VIEW
- Did the Seahawks make a mistake by letting Richard Sherman go?
- How white families with young children can work to undo racism