PRESCOTT, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Highway Patrol says an 11-year-old boy died Sunday when a motorized mini-bike he was riding was hit by a pickup truck.
The crash occurred Sunday afternoon about seven miles west of Prescott in Linn County in east-central Kansas.
The patrol says the truck hit the mini-bike from behind and then ran over the vehicle.
The rider of the mini-bike, Kayden Blaes Samyn, of Mount City, died at the scene. He was wearing a safety restraint and a helmet.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hackers release data after LA school district refuses to pay ransom
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘you’re not welcome’
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Supreme Court rejects bump stock ban cases
The driver of the truck was not injured.