HILL CITY, Kan. (AP) — Authorities say a 29-year-old man killed his father and stepsister last week in northwestern Kansas before killing himself.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation and Graham County Sheriff’s office released more details about Thursday’s shooting over the weekend.
Authorities say Efren Mascarenas Jr. killed his 52-year-old father, Efren Mascarenas Sr., and stepsister, 28-year-old Christin Cantrell, in northeast Graham County. Both victims lived in the small town of Penokee, Kansas.
Later police found the younger Mascarenas’s body with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Kansas Department of Corrections records show Mascarenas has three prior convictions for aggravated battery and another for interference with law enforcement. He was released from prison in February of 2017 and his post-release expired in August.