HILL CITY, Kan. (AP) — Authorities say a 29-year-old man killed his father and stepsister last week in northwestern Kansas before killing himself.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation and Graham County Sheriff’s office released more details about Thursday’s shooting over the weekend.
Authorities say Efren Mascarenas Jr. killed his 52-year-old father, Efren Mascarenas Sr., and stepsister, 28-year-old Christin Cantrell, in northeast Graham County. Both victims lived in the small town of Penokee, Kansas.
Later police found the younger Mascarenas’s body with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump backs down under fire, 'clarifies' on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
Kansas Department of Corrections records show Mascarenas has three prior convictions for aggravated battery and another for interference with law enforcement. He was released from prison in February of 2017 and his post-release expired in August.