CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Court officials say swearing in ceremony is set for the new chief magistrate for Kanawha County.
A statement from the Supreme Court of Appeals says Traci Carper-Strickland will be sworn into office on Friday as Chief Kanawha County Magistrate.
The ceremony will take place at noon in the Kanawha County Judicial Building in the courtroom of Circuit Judge Louis H. “Duke” Bloom.
Magistrates oversee misdemeanor criminal cases and conduct preliminary examinations in felony cases.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
- An excavation in the sea depths recovers Hercules from the afterlife
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy