DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) — A jury has found a Dubuque man guilty in the stabbing death of his girlfriend last year.
The Dubuque Telegraph Herald reports jurors Monday found 25-year-old Fontae C. Buelow guilty of second-degree murder in the death of 21-year-old Samantha J. Link on March 31, 2017, in Peosta. Prosecutors had charged Buelow with first-degree murder, which would have carried a mandatory life sentence if he’d been convicted.
Prosecutors claimed Buelow stabbed Link multiple times, but he maintained his innocence. He said Link assaulted him and then stabbed herself.
Buelow also was found guilty of cocaine possession.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Information from: Telegraph Herald, http://www.thonline.com