DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) — A jury has found a Dubuque man guilty in the stabbing death of his girlfriend last year.
The Dubuque Telegraph Herald reports jurors Monday found 25-year-old Fontae C. Buelow guilty of second-degree murder in the death of 21-year-old Samantha J. Link on March 31, 2017, in Peosta. Prosecutors had charged Buelow with first-degree murder, which would have carried a mandatory life sentence if he’d been convicted.
Prosecutors claimed Buelow stabbed Link multiple times, but he maintained his innocence. He said Link assaulted him and then stabbed herself.
Buelow also was found guilty of cocaine possession.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- 'Whoa, that's not right': Georgia towns lead census appeals
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
Information from: Telegraph Herald, http://www.thonline.com