DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) — A jury has found a Dubuque man guilty in the stabbing death of his girlfriend last year.
The Dubuque Telegraph Herald reports jurors Monday found 25-year-old Fontae C. Buelow guilty of second-degree murder in the death of 21-year-old Samantha J. Link on March 31, 2017, in Peosta. Prosecutors had charged Buelow with first-degree murder, which would have carried a mandatory life sentence if he’d been convicted.
Prosecutors claimed Buelow stabbed Link multiple times, but he maintained his innocence. He said Link assaulted him and then stabbed herself.
Buelow also was found guilty of cocaine possession.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: Telegraph Herald, http://www.thonline.com