DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) — A jury has found a Dubuque man guilty in the stabbing death of his girlfriend last year.
The Dubuque Telegraph Herald reports jurors Monday found 25-year-old Fontae C. Buelow guilty of second-degree murder in the death of 21-year-old Samantha J. Link on March 31, 2017, in Peosta. Prosecutors had charged Buelow with first-degree murder, which would have carried a mandatory life sentence if he’d been convicted.
Prosecutors claimed Buelow stabbed Link multiple times, but he maintained his innocence. He said Link assaulted him and then stabbed herself.
Buelow also was found guilty of cocaine possession.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
Information from: Telegraph Herald, http://www.thonline.com