COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A jury has convicted a man accused of kidnapping, raping and killing an Ohio State University student. The Franklin County jury in Columbus found Brian Golsby guilty Tuesday.
The 30-year-old registered sex offender could face the death penalty in the slaying last year of 21-year-old Reagan Tokes.
Golsby pleaded not guilty. Messages seeking comment were left for his attorney.
Prosecutors allege the Columbus man kidnapped Tokes after she left work and then raped and killed her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Tokes’ body was found in February 2017 at a park in Grove City, about 10 miles (16 kilometers) southwest of Columbus.
Investigators said they found Golsby’s DNA in Tokes’ her car. Golsby’s attorney said the DNA was matched to an “unreliable” DNA profile.