COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A jury has convicted a man accused of kidnapping, raping and killing an Ohio State University student. The Franklin County jury in Columbus found Brian Golsby guilty Tuesday.
The 30-year-old registered sex offender could face the death penalty in the slaying last year of 21-year-old Reagan Tokes.
Golsby pleaded not guilty. Messages seeking comment were left for his attorney.
Prosecutors allege the Columbus man kidnapped Tokes after she left work and then raped and killed her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
Tokes’ body was found in February 2017 at a park in Grove City, about 10 miles (16 kilometers) southwest of Columbus.
Investigators said they found Golsby’s DNA in Tokes’ her car. Golsby’s attorney said the DNA was matched to an “unreliable” DNA profile.