WASHINGTON (AP) — A judge has ordered that a Washington subway system mechanic who was fired after a fatal accident in January 2015 should be rehired.
The Washington Post (https://tinyurl.com/ka8ksfq) reports that U.S. District Judge James Boasberg released his decision on Wednesday in the case of Seyoum Haile.
The mechanic was fired by the Metro transit agency after he was found to have falsified maintenance logs for tunnel fans near the L’Enfant Plaza station. An electrical fire on the tracks near L’Enfant caused a train to fill with smoke, killing one passenger and sickening dozens more. The fans did not remove the smoke from the tunnels.
A Metro spokesman says the transit agency is considering an appeal.
Most Read Stories
- Everett’s bikini baristas head to federal court to argue for freedom of exposure
- Anthony Bourdain's 'Parts Unknown' came to Seattle: What did you think of the episode?
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Trump: NFL should suspend Oakland Raiders' Marshawn Lynch
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
The judge agreed with an arbitration board’s finding that Haile should have been suspended without pay.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com