CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — A woman can be heard screaming “Please don’t shoot him!” on a video recorded as a police officer wearing a body camera fatally shot a North Carolina man.
Two body camera videos of Iaroslav Mosiiuk’s shooting were released Monday on a judge’s order.
District Attorney R. Andrew Murray said last week that Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Officer Brian Walsh was justified in killing Mosiiuk, a mentally ill man who was pointing a loaded rifle that lacked a critical piece and didn’t work.
Murray said in a 175-page report that Walsh killed Mosiiuk with a shot to the back. He said Walsh couldn’t have known the rifle was missing a critical piece when he acted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
Walsh was also heard telling his wife on the phone he had just been forced to shoot someone.