LE MARS, Iowa (AP) — A judge has dismissed a murder charge filed against an Akron woman at the request of prosecutors who want more time to investigate the case.
The Sioux City Journal reports District Judge John Ackerman on Monday granted the request to dismiss a second-degree murder charge against Becky Hebert. She was arrested after the Oct. 6 shooting death of her husband, 40-year-old Jeremy Hebert.
Plymouth County Attorney Darin Raymond sought more time to investigate medical and lab reports and cellphone records.
The attorney for the 34-year-old Hebert didn’t resist the motion.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Information from: Sioux City Journal, http://www.siouxcityjournal.com