CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) — Joseph Gordon-Levitt has gotten a little roast along with his pudding.
In keeping with tradition, “The Walk” actor was feted and roasted as Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals Man of the Year on Friday.
The collegiate theatrical organization says it selected the 34-year-old Gordon-Levitt as its 2016 honoree because he’s a “talented actor” and “visionary entrepreneur.”
The actor as a kid played Tommy on “3rd Rock from the Sun.” He’ll portray Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone’s upcoming movie about the man who leaked classified National Security Agency documents.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
Gordon-Levitt also developed HitRecord.org, which helps people collaborate on creative projects.
Previous winners include Clint Eastwood, Robert De Niro and Harrison Ford. Chris Pratt won last year.
“Scandal” actress Kerry Washington was honored as Woman of the Year last month.