CINCINNATI (AP) — A biopic on the life of New York mob boss John Gotti starring John Travolta is set to begin filming in Cincinnati later this month.
Travolta will play the title character in “The Life and Death of John Gotti.” His real-life wife, Kelly Preston, will play Gotti’s wife.
The Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Film Commission says filmmakers are taking advantage of Ohio’s revised Motion Picture Tax Credit, which reimburses out-of-state movie producers for some expenses.
Gotti was the head of the Gambino crime family. He was sentenced to life in prison in 1992 after being convicted of murder and other counts. He died behind bars a decade later.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Japanese student goes to graduation dressed like Zelenskyy
- What we know about the Covenant school shooting in Nashville WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Police: Nashville shooter fired indiscriminately at victims WATCH
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
Travolta received an Emmy nomination Thursday for his performance as attorney Robert Shapiro in FX’s “People vs. O.J. Simpson.”