UNITY, Maine (AP) — A college in Maine is hosting the largest environmental career fair in New England in the hopes of connecting job seekers with green careers.
Unity College is hosting the Environmental Career Fair on its campus on March 6. College president Melik Peter Khoury says the event will bring together employers who are seeking workers trained in “sustainable principles and practices.”
The college says exhibitors at the fair will include conservation groups, private sector companies and public agencies that work in fields such as law enforcement and wildlife and habitat protection. Khoury says one of the goals of the fair to dispel the myth that the only green jobs are with conservation non-profit groups and land trusts.
There will be more than 100 companies and organizations at the event.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Complaint in Closs case could be road map for prosecution WATCH
- UK's May faces no-confidence vote after Brexit plan crushed WATCH
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
- At Trump’s inauguration, $10,000 for makeup and lots of room service VIEW