UNITY, Maine (AP) — A college in Maine is hosting the largest environmental career fair in New England in the hopes of connecting job seekers with green careers.
Unity College is hosting the Environmental Career Fair on its campus on March 6. College president Melik Peter Khoury says the event will bring together employers who are seeking workers trained in “sustainable principles and practices.”
The college says exhibitors at the fair will include conservation groups, private sector companies and public agencies that work in fields such as law enforcement and wildlife and habitat protection. Khoury says one of the goals of the fair to dispel the myth that the only green jobs are with conservation non-profit groups and land trusts.
There will be more than 100 companies and organizations at the event.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2 Blue Angels planes touch during midair practice run
- Java still a no-no for Mormons despite fancy coffee names
- 'CBS Evening News' anchor Norah O'Donnell caught on hot mic during Plácido Domingo segment saying 'Sounds like somebody else here'
- Tlaib declines to visit West Bank, citing Israeli conditions
- Arrests precede major demonstrations in Portland