DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Jim Webb says he knows it’s time to make a decision on running for president.
The former Virginia senator said Monday he expects to make a decision on a 2016 Democratic bid by the end of the month. Webb is on a three-day tour through Iowa.
Webb says he’s assessing if he can raise enough money because he doesn’t want to run just “a protest campaign.” He says he’s got a different record to offer than the other Democratic hopefuls, thanks to his work in the Senate on issues like criminal justice and foreign policy.
Webb says Iowa is a key state where he can connect with voters.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man kills 6, then self, at Colorado birthday party shooting
- After leading a 153-person hike in the Grand Canyon, a Washington health-care exec faces federal charges
- Can you have alcohol after the COVID vaccine?
- 1 dead, 7 wounded in shooting at downtown Phoenix hotel
- Fauci Says Indoor Mask Guidance Can ‘Start Being More Liberal’