DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Jim Webb says he knows it’s time to make a decision on running for president.
The former Virginia senator said Monday he expects to make a decision on a 2016 Democratic bid by the end of the month. Webb is on a three-day tour through Iowa.
Webb says he’s assessing if he can raise enough money because he doesn’t want to run just “a protest campaign.” He says he’s got a different record to offer than the other Democratic hopefuls, thanks to his work in the Senate on issues like criminal justice and foreign policy.
Webb says Iowa is a key state where he can connect with voters.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Some 2-week coronavirus quarantines can be cut to 10 or 7 days, CDC says
- New Orleans swingers event becomes 'superspreader' after 41 test positive for coronavirus
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- U.S. to withdraw some Baghdad embassy staffers as tensions spike with Iran, its allies