BOSTON (AP) — Jill Biden and Colin Powell will be visiting Boston to speak at a national conference for teachers and school officials.
They’re among a slate of figures lined up to talk at the annual gathering of the nonprofit Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
Biden, the wife of former Vice President Joe Biden, is scheduled to speak Saturday at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
She previously taught at a public high school and a community college in Delaware before becoming second lady.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
- Rep. George Santos is stepping down from committees amid fabrications about his biography
- Video shows mysterious whirlpool spiral flying over Hawaii night sky
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
Powell, a retired general in the U.S. Army who served as secretary of state under President George W. Bush, is expected to speak Monday.
He helps lead a school for civic and global leadership that’s named after him at the City College of New York, his alma mater.