BOSTON (AP) — Jill Biden and Colin Powell will be visiting Boston to speak at a national conference for teachers and school officials.
They’re among a slate of figures lined up to talk at the annual gathering of the nonprofit Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
Biden, the wife of former Vice President Joe Biden, is scheduled to speak Saturday at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
She previously taught at a public high school and a community college in Delaware before becoming second lady.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
Powell, a retired general in the U.S. Army who served as secretary of state under President George W. Bush, is expected to speak Monday.
He helps lead a school for civic and global leadership that’s named after him at the City College of New York, his alma mater.