PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A Rhode Island jeweler is facing charges after police say he sold marijuana and butane oil to an undercover officer several times.
WPRI-TV reports 71-year-old Joseph Esposito, of Esposito Jewelry Inc., was arrested Nov. 6 following a marijuana trafficking investigation by state and federal investigators.
Police say they seized 126 mature marijuana plants, 33 pounds of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia from a building Esposito owns in Providence. Records show police also seized $60,000 and several vehicles.
Esposito has been charged with felony counts of selling marijuana, intent to deliver marijuana and conspiracy and possession of marijuana.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
His attorney declined comment.
Esposito has donated $4,300 to House Majority Leader Joseph Shekarchi. The democrat says he will donate the money to charity if the “charges become reality.”
Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com