WEEHAWKEN, N.J. (AP) — New York Jets linebacker Dylan Donahue has waived his first court appearance on charges stemming from a wrong-way crash in the Lincoln Tunnel last month.
The Jersey Journal reports that Donahue’s attorney made a brief appearance Tuesday in Weehawken Municipal Court before a new court date was set. She declined to discuss details of the case.
Police allege that Donahue was drunk when he drove the wrong way in the tunnel on Feb. 26 and collided with a jitney bus, injuring four of the 15 people on board.
Donahue was a fifth-round draft pick of the Jets last year and played in four games before he suffered a season-ending elbow injury.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH