WEEHAWKEN, N.J. (AP) — New York Jets linebacker Dylan Donahue has waived his first court appearance on charges stemming from a wrong-way crash in the Lincoln Tunnel last month.
The Jersey Journal reports that Donahue’s attorney made a brief appearance Tuesday in Weehawken Municipal Court before a new court date was set. She declined to discuss details of the case.
Police allege that Donahue was drunk when he drove the wrong way in the tunnel on Feb. 26 and collided with a jitney bus, injuring four of the 15 people on board.
Donahue was a fifth-round draft pick of the Jets last year and played in four games before he suffered a season-ending elbow injury.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department