WEEHAWKEN, N.J. (AP) — New York Jets linebacker Dylan Donahue has waived his first court appearance on charges stemming from a wrong-way crash in the Lincoln Tunnel last month.
The Jersey Journal reports that Donahue’s attorney made a brief appearance Tuesday in Weehawken Municipal Court before a new court date was set. She declined to discuss details of the case.
Police allege that Donahue was drunk when he drove the wrong way in the tunnel on Feb. 26 and collided with a jitney bus, injuring four of the 15 people on board.
Donahue was a fifth-round draft pick of the Jets last year and played in four games before he suffered a season-ending elbow injury.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23