EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. (AP) — A U.S. Air Force jet suffered damage after landing at a Florida base.
A 33rd Fighter Wing news release says an F-35A Lightning II experienced a ground incident shortly after noon Wednesday at Eglin Air Force Base, which is located between Pensacola and Panama City.
Officials say the 58th Fighter Squadron jet had returned to Eglin after experiencing an in-flight emergency. The aircraft landed safely and parked when the front nose gear collapsed.
Fire crews responded immediately, and no injuries were reported to the pilot, who was the only person aboard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No'
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the mishap is under way.