LOS ANGELES (AP) — Republican presidential contender Jeb Bush will be an opening-night guest on Stephen Colbert’s late-night show.
In a tweet posted Tuesday, the former “Colbert Report” host said Bush will join him on the Sept. 8 debut of CBS’ “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”
“My first GOP candidate!” his Twitter post said, then poked fun at the size of the GOP field. “Luckily I do 200 shows a year, so I think I can fit them all.”
Bush responded in light-hearted kind.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- A humpback whale swallowed a lobster diver whole and spit him out alive: 'It tried to eat me'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- In California, the rapid creation of possibly the coolest new high school in America
- Justices rule against low-level crack cocaine offenders
“Only if you have at least two of us on each show. Looking forward to joining your first #LSSC next month!” Bush tweeted, using the hashtag for Colbert’s show.
CBS confirmed that the former Florida governor will be on the inaugural show, which will include George Clooney.