ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — A jazz superstar and a boxing champion have been added to a mural in upstate New York.
Grammy Award winner Chuck Mangione and ex-welterweight and middleweight world champion Carmen Basilio were added to Rochester’s Little Italy Wall Mural on Sunday. The two city natives join other notable Italian Americans, including Frank Sinatra, Liza Minnelli, former Gov. Mario Cuomo, Madonna, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and boxing legend Rocky Marciano.
Mangione has released more than 30 albums. He achieved international success in 1977 with his jazz-flavored single “Feels So Good.” Basilio fought two bruising bouts with Sugar Ray Robinson, winning his middleweight title and later losing it to him.
The mural commemorates the city’s Little Italy Historic District and this year’s 150th anniversary of Italian Americans in Rochester.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Easter Sunday bomb blasts kill more than 200 in Sri Lanka VIEW
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Giuliani: Nothing wrong with Trump camp taking Russian help