JACKSON HOLE, Wyo. (AP) — A skier from Jackson had to be helped off the slopes at the Olympics after hitting a gate during the women’s slalom.
The Jackson Hole News & Guide reports Resi (RAY’-zee) Stiegler hooked a gate with her right ski during her first run Thursday, sending her sliding down the mountain. She was able to stand up on her own after the crash.
The 32-year-old is competing in her third and possibly final Olympics in Pyeongchang (PYONG-chaang).
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
Information from: Jackson Hole (Wyo.) News And Guide, http://www.jhnewsandguide.com