JACKSON HOLE, Wyo. (AP) — A skier from Jackson had to be helped off the slopes at the Olympics after hitting a gate during the women’s slalom.
The Jackson Hole News & Guide reports Resi (RAY’-zee) Stiegler hooked a gate with her right ski during her first run Thursday, sending her sliding down the mountain. She was able to stand up on her own after the crash.
The 32-year-old is competing in her third and possibly final Olympics in Pyeongchang (PYONG-chaang).
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
Information from: Jackson Hole (Wyo.) News And Guide, http://www.jhnewsandguide.com