JACKSON HOLE, Wyo. (AP) — A skier from Jackson had to be helped off the slopes at the Olympics after hitting a gate during the women’s slalom.
The Jackson Hole News & Guide reports Resi (RAY’-zee) Stiegler hooked a gate with her right ski during her first run Thursday, sending her sliding down the mountain. She was able to stand up on her own after the crash.
The 32-year-old is competing in her third and possibly final Olympics in Pyeongchang (PYONG-chaang).
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
Information from: Jackson Hole (Wyo.) News And Guide, http://www.jhnewsandguide.com