JACKSON HOLE, Wyo. (AP) — A skier from Jackson had to be helped off the slopes at the Olympics after hitting a gate during the women’s slalom.
The Jackson Hole News & Guide reports Resi (RAY’-zee) Stiegler hooked a gate with her right ski during her first run Thursday, sending her sliding down the mountain. She was able to stand up on her own after the crash.
The 32-year-old is competing in her third and possibly final Olympics in Pyeongchang (PYONG-chaang).
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
Information from: Jackson Hole (Wyo.) News And Guide, http://www.jhnewsandguide.com