SHADY COVE, Ore. (AP) — Authorities in Jackson County are looking for a suspect who set a string of grass fires last week in Shady Cove.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Department says witnesses reported seeing a light-colored Pontiac Sunfire sedan leaving the scene near Highway 62 around the time the fires were reported late on Aug. 30 and early on Aug. 31.
One fire was reported at 9:10 p.m. and two more were reported just after 1 a.m.
All three were quickly extinguished.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror