SHADY COVE, Ore. (AP) — Authorities in Jackson County are looking for a suspect who set a string of grass fires last week in Shady Cove.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Department says witnesses reported seeing a light-colored Pontiac Sunfire sedan leaving the scene near Highway 62 around the time the fires were reported late on Aug. 30 and early on Aug. 31.
One fire was reported at 9:10 p.m. and two more were reported just after 1 a.m.
All three were quickly extinguished.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
- How the rural-urban divide became America’s political fault line