MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) — Flyers with the slogan “it’s okay to be white” were posted on the University of Idaho campus and around Moscow last week as part of a provocation campaign by white nationalist groups.
The Moscow-Pullman Daily News reports the flyers were an apparent repeat of a year-old campaign stemming from online message boards, intending to create strong reactions.
Washington State University Communications Director Phil Weiler says the Pullman campus was the site of the same campaign last year.
He says the flyers are not harmless, “they’re interested in being provocative, trying to upset people, trying to intimidate people.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump grounds Pelosi after she imperils his big speech WATCH
- Less beef, more beans: Experts say world needs a new diet
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
University President Chuck Staben says he is disappointed to see such flyers on campus, but personnel would not remove the ones posted on authorized surfaces, noting the university supports free speech.
Information from: The Moscow-Pullman Daily News, http://www.dnews.com