MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) — Flyers with the slogan “it’s okay to be white” were posted on the University of Idaho campus and around Moscow last week as part of a provocation campaign by white nationalist groups.
The Moscow-Pullman Daily News reports the flyers were an apparent repeat of a year-old campaign stemming from online message boards, intending to create strong reactions.
Washington State University Communications Director Phil Weiler says the Pullman campus was the site of the same campaign last year.
He says the flyers are not harmless, “they’re interested in being provocative, trying to upset people, trying to intimidate people.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe with no new indictments WATCH
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Pakistan sentences Czech model to 8 years on drug charge
- Flight attendant detained by immigration on return to US
University President Chuck Staben says he is disappointed to see such flyers on campus, but personnel would not remove the ones posted on authorized surfaces, noting the university supports free speech.
Information from: The Moscow-Pullman Daily News, http://www.dnews.com