MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A leather rocking chair from the Jungle Room at Elvis Presley’s Graceland has sold at auction for $17,500.
Graceland says in a news release the chair was among 271 items from third-party collectors offered at the auction held Saturday at The Guest House at Graceland in Memphis during a celebration of Presley’s birthday.
The highest bids included a diamond and platinum ring that sold for $27,500. The ring had been gifted to Presley’s girlfriend, actress Linda Thompson. Other items included a globe-shaped, free-standing wooden bar from Presley’s Beverly Hills, California, home that sold for $22,500, and Presley’s 1922 Colt “Police Positive” .32-caliber revolver that brought $20,000.
A cigar box for Presley’s personal items sold for $5,000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
Another auction at Graceland will be held on Aug. 12.