MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A leather rocking chair from the Jungle Room at Elvis Presley’s Graceland has sold at auction for $17,500.
Graceland says in a news release the chair was among 271 items from third-party collectors offered at the auction held Saturday at The Guest House at Graceland in Memphis during a celebration of Presley’s birthday.
The highest bids included a diamond and platinum ring that sold for $27,500. The ring had been gifted to Presley’s girlfriend, actress Linda Thompson. Other items included a globe-shaped, free-standing wooden bar from Presley’s Beverly Hills, California, home that sold for $22,500, and Presley’s 1922 Colt “Police Positive” .32-caliber revolver that brought $20,000.
A cigar box for Presley’s personal items sold for $5,000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Another auction at Graceland will be held on Aug. 12.