NEW YORK (AP) — Issa Rae will host Rihanna’s fourth annual Diamond Ball next month, and Childish Gambino will perform.
Rihanna’s black-tie event will take place Sept. 13 at Cipriani Wall Street in New York. Global Citizen CEO Hugh Evans will receive the 2018 Diamond Ball Award.
The gala will benefit Rihanna’s Clara Lionel Foundation, which promotes education and arts globally and assists emergency response programs.
Rae, the creator and writer behind the HBO hit “Insecure,” earned an Emmy nomination for her leading role in the show. Grammy-winning Childish Gambino, also known as Emmy-winning actor Donald Glover, has hits like “This Is America” and “Redbone.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
Beyonce, Jay-Z and Leonardo DiCaprio attended last year’s Diamond Ball, which raised $5 million, was hosted by Dave Chappelle and featured performances by Kendrick Lamar and Calvin Harris.