JERUSALEM (AP) — An Israeli man has died of wounds sustained in an early December stabbing in the West Bank city of Hebron.
Shoham Rubio, a spokeswoman for Shaarei Tzedek hospital in Jerusalem, says 41-year-old Gennady Kaufman died on Wednesday.
Kaufman, a resident of the Kiryat Arba settlement adjacent to Hebron, was stabbed by a Palestinian assailant on Dec. 7. Israeli forces fatally shot the assailant on the scene.
Hebron has been a flashpoint in a three-month wave of Palestinian shooting, stabbing and car attacks on Israelis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. warns against travel to 80% of world due to coronavirus
- The 12 jurors deliberating in the trial of Derek Chauvin
- Tesla with 'no one' driving crashes in Texas, killing two people
- Image of Queen Elizabeth II sitting alone at Philip's funeral breaks hearts around the world
- COVID once spared the young. Now more are being hospitalized.
The attacks have claimed 21 lives on the Israeli side and at least 130 Palestinian lives, 89 of them said by Israel to be attackers. Israel blames the ongoing violence on Palestinian incitement; Palestinians say it stems from despair at achieving independence.