JERUSALEM (AP) — An Israeli man has died of wounds sustained in an early December stabbing in the West Bank city of Hebron.
Shoham Rubio, a spokeswoman for Shaarei Tzedek hospital in Jerusalem, says 41-year-old Gennady Kaufman died on Wednesday.
Kaufman, a resident of the Kiryat Arba settlement adjacent to Hebron, was stabbed by a Palestinian assailant on Dec. 7. Israeli forces fatally shot the assailant on the scene.
Hebron has been a flashpoint in a three-month wave of Palestinian shooting, stabbing and car attacks on Israelis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Honestie Hodges, whose mistreatment by police led to changes, dies of COVID. She was 14.
- You should probably replace some of your fabric face masks
- Secret Hasidic wedding in Brooklyn draws thousands of guests, $15K fine
- Trump pardons Flynn despite guilty plea in Russia probe
- Trump vents about election as agencies aid Biden transition
The attacks have claimed 21 lives on the Israeli side and at least 130 Palestinian lives, 89 of them said by Israel to be attackers. Israel blames the ongoing violence on Palestinian incitement; Palestinians say it stems from despair at achieving independence.