JERUSALEM (AP) — An Israeli man has died of wounds sustained in an early December stabbing in the West Bank city of Hebron.
Shoham Rubio, a spokeswoman for Shaarei Tzedek hospital in Jerusalem, says 41-year-old Gennady Kaufman died on Wednesday.
Kaufman, a resident of the Kiryat Arba settlement adjacent to Hebron, was stabbed by a Palestinian assailant on Dec. 7. Israeli forces fatally shot the assailant on the scene.
Hebron has been a flashpoint in a three-month wave of Palestinian shooting, stabbing and car attacks on Israelis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Inside the world of Buy Nothing, where dryer lint is a hot commodity
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- Plan to honor Montana's heritage foundered when facts proved no match for fear
- A man said he hired a person with COVID-19 to lick groceries. He got 15 months in prison
The attacks have claimed 21 lives on the Israeli side and at least 130 Palestinian lives, 89 of them said by Israel to be attackers. Israel blames the ongoing violence on Palestinian incitement; Palestinians say it stems from despair at achieving independence.