JERUSALEM (AP) — The Israeli military says a security guard has shot dead a Palestinian attacker after he stabbed another guard at a West Bank settlement.
Israeli paramedics say a security guard was lightly wounded in Wednesday’s incident near Hebron, and the Palestinian assailant was pronounced dead at the scene.
In the West Bank city of Nablus, Palestinian officials say two Palestinians were killed and dozens more wounded in clashes overnight with Israeli soldiers conducting searches for a Palestinian suspected of killing an Israeli man on Monday.
There has been a spike in violence since President Donald Trump’s Dec. 6 recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Palestinian demonstrators have clashed with Israeli troops in the West Bank and along the Gaza-Israeli border, and 21 Palestinians have been killed since Trump’s announcement.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
- Man nabbed in wife's chain saw attack was deported 11 times