JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel’s domestic security agency says it has arrested two Palestinians suspected of killing an Israeli man found dead last week, in what it says was a “terror attack.”
The motive behind the death of Reuven Shmerling was not immediately known when his body was found in an Arab town. But the Shin Bet says Sunday it now believes the killing was politically motivated. It says the investigation is ongoing.
The identities of the Palestinians, who hail from the West Bank, as well as other details of the case are under a gag order.
The current round of Israeli-Palestinian violence broke out two years ago. The frequency and intensity of what were once daily attacks have lessened of late, but deadly violence still occurs occasionally.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death