MIAMI (AP) — A third tropical storm has formed in the eastern Atlantic Ocean.
The National Hurricane Center in Miami said Sunday morning that Tropical Storm Isaac was centered about 1,540 miles (2,475 kilometers) east of the Windward Islands.
There are no coastal watches or warnings in effect, but officials say it is expected to become a hurricane by Monday.
The storm’s maximum sustained winds are 50 mph (85 kph) and it is moving west at 8 mph (13 kmh).
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- 'Manholes' are out as Berkeley removes gender-specific language from city code
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land
- Nobel laureate from Iraq told Trump that ISIS killed her family. 'Where are they now?' he asked.
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.