MIAMI (AP) — A third tropical storm has formed in the eastern Atlantic Ocean.
The National Hurricane Center in Miami said Saturday night that Tropical Storm Isaac was centered about 1,580 miles (2,540 kilometers) east of the Windward Islands.
There are no coastal watches or warnings in effect, but officials say it is expected to become a hurricane by Monday.
The storm’s maximum sustained winds are 50 mph (85 kph) and it is moving west at 8 mph (13 kmh).
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
- CNN drops suit against White House after Jim Acosta's press pass is fully restored