TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — A semi-official Iranian news agency is quoting an aide to the country’s president as saying that he doesn’t see “any reason” for talks between Donald Trump and Hassan Rouhani at the next United Nations General Assembly.
Majid Takht-e Ravanchi, a member of the presidency’s political bureau, told the semi-official ISNA news agency on Friday that Iranians have no expectations from Trump after he pulled America out of the landmark nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers.
Ravanchi told ISNA: “I do not see any reason for talks between Rouhani and Trump.”
He also added that Iranians have no expectations from Trump after the U. S. president in May pulled America out of the landmark nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- HQ Trivia co-founder dies apparently of drug overdose, police say
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- ‘They’re not fact-checking’: How lies on college applications slip through
Renewed U.S. sanctions on Iran took effect on Tuesday.