DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — An eastern Iowa woman has been given six years in prison for wire and benefits fraud.
Court records say 45-year-old Michele McGee, of Bettendorf, was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Davenport. She must serve three years of supervised release after she leaves prison.
Federal prosecutors say McGee defrauded Boston-based UbiCare while she worked for the company from May 2014 through Feb. 12, 2015. She faked contracts with five hospitals that fraudulently brought her pay of nearly $116,000. She was ordered to pay back UbiCare.
Prosecutors say McGee also received more than $11,500 in food stamp and Medicaid benefits by not reporting her household income. She was ordered to pay back the money to the state of Iowa.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- Salmonella contamination in turkey is widespread and unidentified