DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — An eastern Iowa woman has been given six years in prison for wire and benefits fraud.
Court records say 45-year-old Michele McGee, of Bettendorf, was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Davenport. She must serve three years of supervised release after she leaves prison.
Federal prosecutors say McGee defrauded Boston-based UbiCare while she worked for the company from May 2014 through Feb. 12, 2015. She faked contracts with five hospitals that fraudulently brought her pay of nearly $116,000. She was ordered to pay back UbiCare.
Prosecutors say McGee also received more than $11,500 in food stamp and Medicaid benefits by not reporting her household income. She was ordered to pay back the money to the state of Iowa.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23