DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Des Moines police say an officer accidentally fired his gun while practicing his “quick draw.”
A police report says Officer Brady Pratt “unknowingly” had his finger on the trigger when he drew his gun from his holster, and he fired a round Wednesday inside an office at the Des Moines airport. The bullet hit a ceiling tile above a door before it landed in a ceiling tile in the hallway. No one was hurt.
The 23-year-old officer reported the incident to his supervisor. Sgt. Paul Parizek, a spokesman for the department, says the incident will be reviewed and discipline is possible.
The Des Moines Register reports Pratt joined the department in 2013.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump, facing financial ruin, sought control of his elderly father's estate - leading to an epic family fight
- Her words: Amy Coney Barrett on faith, precedent, abortion
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Airlines say flying is safe, but recent studies reveal potential for superspreader coronavirus disaster
- At Pentagon, fears grow that Trump will pull military into election unrest
Information from: The Des Moines Register, http://www.desmoinesregister.com