DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Des Moines police say an officer accidentally fired his gun while practicing his “quick draw.”
A police report says Officer Brady Pratt “unknowingly” had his finger on the trigger when he drew his gun from his holster, and he fired a round Wednesday inside an office at the Des Moines airport. The bullet hit a ceiling tile above a door before it landed in a ceiling tile in the hallway. No one was hurt.
The 23-year-old officer reported the incident to his supervisor. Sgt. Paul Parizek, a spokesman for the department, says the incident will be reviewed and discipline is possible.
The Des Moines Register reports Pratt joined the department in 2013.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FedEx: Mass shooter was a former employee of the company
- Atlanta school replacing KKK leader’s name with Hank Aaron's
- Unused COVID vaccines are piling up across U.S. as some regions resist
- Vaccine etiquette: A guide to politely navigating this new phase of the pandemic
- A note helped rescuers find two missing campers in Death Valley; for one, it was too late
Information from: The Des Moines Register, http://www.desmoinesregister.com