TAHLEQUAH, Okla. (AP) — Law enforcement authorities have launched an investigation following the discovery of a body in northeastern Oklahoma near where a man was reported missing a week ago.
Cherokee County Undersheriff Jason Chennault says the body was found Tuesday. Officials say the body was discovered in a creek bed in the area of Rocky Ford State Park near Tahlequah.
Authorities have not identified the body or released other details. But family members and friends say the body was discovered in an area where a 23-year-old man was reported missing a week ago.
Sheriff’s deputies say they’re not sure whether foul play was involved in the individual’s death. They say how and when the person died remains under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them