TITUSVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol says a Brevard County Sheriff’s Office deputy was killed in a crash with a semi-truck.
The crash happened on Interstate 95 southbound early Saturday morning.
The Orlando Sentinel reports 32-yar-old Deputy Kevin Stanton was in a marked patrol car driving to work in Viera when a semi-truck traveling in the lane next to him suffered a tire tread separation.
The truck, which was loaded with car parts, immediately swerved into the path of Stanton’s patrol car.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
Stanton was declared dead at the scene.
Stanton, of Titusville, had worked for the sheriff’s office for 11 years. He was a field training officer who educated new deputies, and he had received many letters of commendation, commendable services awards and was nominated for a Life Saving Award
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/