MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) — Authorities in eastern Kansas say a jail inmate who escaped three weeks ago is back in custody.
KSNT-TV reports that 32-year-old Billy Womack of Manhattan did not return to the Riley County jail after a work release on Dec. 5. Womack was being held on a warrant for failure to appear.
Police arrested Womack at a motel in Manhattan Friday night. He is charged with two counts of aggravated escape from custody and a probation violation, and is jailed on $103,000 bond.
Womack was also arrested in August on a warrant accusing him of drug distribution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- WA, other West Coast states form pact committing to protect abortion access
- Supreme Court: The leaked abortion draft versus the opinion
Information from: KSNT-TV.