CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — Prison officials in Nevada say a 77-year-old inmate serving 30 years to life for child sex crimes has died.
The state Department of Corrections said Tuesday that Donald C. Hennan died Thursday at the Regional Medical Facility at Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City.
A cause of death was not disclosed. The Carson City sheriff-coroner was due to conduct an autopsy.
Hennan was from Lyon County and had been sentenced in July 1999 to consecutive sentences of 20 years to life and 10 years to life with the possibility of parole for sexual assault of a victim under 16 and lewdness with a minor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95