CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — Prison officials in Nevada say a 77-year-old inmate serving 30 years to life for child sex crimes has died.
The state Department of Corrections said Tuesday that Donald C. Hennan died Thursday at the Regional Medical Facility at Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City.
A cause of death was not disclosed. The Carson City sheriff-coroner was due to conduct an autopsy.
Hennan was from Lyon County and had been sentenced in July 1999 to consecutive sentences of 20 years to life and 10 years to life with the possibility of parole for sexual assault of a victim under 16 and lewdness with a minor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'