CENTERVILLE, La. (AP) — A Louisiana inmate who was found unresponsive in a jail cell has died.
News outlets report 59-year-old Rodney Frederick was pronounced dead at a hospital after a deputy found him unresponsive at the St. Mary Parish Jail on Wednesday. Investigators do not suspect any foul play in the death.
A St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office news release says deputies and medical staff members immediately began rendering aid to Frederick. He was then transported to Franklin Foundation Hospital, where he later died.
Frederick had been incarcerated since March on charges of aggravated crimes against nature and aggravated incest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
Further details have not been released.