HAMILTON, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a 61-year-old old inmate has escaped from Alabama’s prison for elderly and sick prisoners.
A statement from the Department of Corrections say Davis Curtis Wood was wearing only white boxer shorts when he fled the Hamilton Aged and Infirmed Center on Monday morning.
The medium-security prison in northwestern Alabama is reserved for inmates who are elderly or have special medical needs.
Wood is serving a life sentence for burglary. He was sentenced in Mobile County in 1994.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
- ‘Giant backfire’: Trump’s demand for special master is looking like a mistake | Analysis
- Floods trap many in Florida as Ian heads to South Carolina
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump records probe: Tensions flare over special master