PRESTON, Minn. (AP) — Authorities in Minnesota are investigating the death of an inmate at the Fillmore County jail.
Sheriff Tom Kaase says 22-year-old Thomas Henry, of Harmony, died Wednesday evening while in custody. Kaase says lifesaving efforts by staff and emergency responders “were unfortunately unsuccessful.”
Officials have not released a cause of death.
Kaase says the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is being asked to investigate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Cancer drug greatly reduces deaths in hospitalized COVID patients
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting