SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — An inmate at the South Dakota State Penitentiary is accused of trying to kill a Department of Corrections employee.
South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley said Thursday that 25-year-old Kevin Christopher Tripp has been arrested by complaint on charges of attempted first-degree murder and aggravated assault.
The charges stem from an incident at the penitentiary on Monday where Tripp allegedly attacked the employee.
The case is being investigated by the state Division of Criminal Investigation and prosecuted by the attorney general’s office.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19