PALM SPRINGS, Calif. (AP) — A California hiker was rescued after slipping on snow, sliding down a cliff and being missing for days.
KCBS-TV reports Roger Dannen and his friend went out for a hike along a remote section of Indian Canyons Trail when Dannen slipped and injured his feet and legs.
Dannen’s friend was unable to get to him.
Dannen says he ran out of food and started hallucinating before being rescued on the third day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Dannen says he plans to bring a solar-powered light with him on future hikes.
Information from: KCBS-TV, http://www.cbs2.com/