PALM SPRINGS, Calif. (AP) — A California hiker was rescued after slipping on snow, sliding down a cliff and being missing for days.
KCBS-TV reports Roger Dannen and his friend went out for a hike along a remote section of Indian Canyons Trail when Dannen slipped and injured his feet and legs.
Dannen’s friend was unable to get to him.
Dannen says he ran out of food and started hallucinating before being rescued on the third day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
Dannen says he plans to bring a solar-powered light with him on future hikes.
Information from: KCBS-TV, http://www.cbs2.com/