AUGUSTA, N.J. — Authorities say an 11-month-old boy was hit in the face by a line drive foul ball while sitting in his stroller at a professional baseball game in New Jersey.
State police spokesman Lt. Ted Schaefer says the boy was hit in his right eye by the foul ball Wednesday night during a Sussex County Miners game at Skylands Stadium in Augusta.
He was conscious and alert when he was flown to University Hospital in Newark, where a spokesman says he was listed in stable condition Thursday morning.
The Miners are in the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball, an independent league. They won the Wednesday game against the Trois-Rivieres Aigles of Quebec, 4-2.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- WA, other West Coast states form pact committing to protect abortion access
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Supreme Court: The leaked abortion draft versus the opinion