LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — An official says a worker at a Kentucky industrial plant has been fatally injured.
Carbide Industries LLC Human Resources Director Heather Y. Davis said in a statement to WDRB-TV that the workplace accident occurred Thursday morning at the company’s facility in Louisville. She did not identify the worker who died.
The statement says the company, which manufactures calcium carbide, is cooperating with authorities to determine how the accident happened.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
Information from: WDRB-TV, http://www.fox41.com