GREENWOOD, Ind. (AP) — A church in suburban Indianapolis is looking for people to help feed thousands in Cuba.
The Daily Journal reports that Mount Pleasant Christian Church in Greenwood will be packing meals Saturday for 400,000 people. Volunteers will be shipping packages of rice, soy, dried vegetables and a nutrient mix.
Heidi Wright, the church’s service coordinator, says meals were sent to Cuba last year, and the reaction was great. She says people there “aren’t as privileged” as many Americans.
Wright says the church believes in changing the world “one life, one opportunity at a time.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
Information from: Daily Journal, http://www.dailyjournal.net